Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday Boy

I love celebrating birthdays, Brian on the other hand doesn't see a reason for it. Challenge excepted! I was going to convince him how important birthdays are and how you should be spoiled and feel special.

With a low budget and very little money for presents, I was going to spoil him the cheapest way possible.


That morning I made french toast and eggs for breakfast.
Unfortunately Brian had to work so I bought him a birthday ribbon to put on his shirt so he would get tips from the customers. haha.



And while he was gone I decorated the house

Star Wars banner




and made a cake.
First cake I've ever made



Again because I'm not working right now, I had to be creative with his presents.

1. a desk that my parents no longer wanted.
Brian hated his small desk from walmart so I switched it out of this one:

2. A beautiful framed art piece of Jesus Christ and I found this Arizona Temple picture and framed that as well.


3.Last and the most exciting is a weekend in St David, relaxing and having fun together.
woohoo!

After work
For dinner we went to our favorite place:
it has Brian's FAVORITE burger ever and my favorite milkshake with awesome favored cherries. This time I got a blueberry favored cherry! AMAZING!


That night we went home, He blew out his birthday candles and ate yummy cake.

Brian was a happy birthday boy. :) Mission accomplished.

6 comments:

  1. haha how fun!! I love the birthday ribbon! I'm totally gonna do that for Alex on his birthday! Cute Cute! I love when u update your blog! do it more often!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it you did so good! you have to teach us browns that birthdays are supposed to be extra special lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serena, you are a good wife! Even though some of guy pretend that birthdays aren't important to us, we still appreciate it when our beautiful ladies spoil us. You did good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i showed you that place:) i feel special! lol happy birthday and that is so cute you gave him a birthday ribbon! did he get good tips? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job at being creative!! Looks like he had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a cute little wife, decorating the house and everything so sweet! And your first cake looks quite delish!

    ReplyDelete